Explore a multi-sensory world of whisky over eight floors.
Sip a Johnnie Walker highball on rooftop bars overlooking Edinburgh Castle.
Pre-register for tickets here.
IN 1820, teenager John Walker managed the grocery wine and spirits segment of an Italian warehouse in the heart of Kilmarnock, Ayrshire, Scotland, bought with funds acquired after the sale of the family farm following his father’s death.
With laws changing to allow the blending of malt and grain whiskies, Walker jumped on the opportunity and appeased his growing discontent with the then inconsistency of single malts by experimenting with a blended whisky.
This was at the time of the fast moving pace of the industrial revolution. Johnnie Walker is now owned by the world’s largest drinks company, Diageo and still carries his name today.
Inspired by the 200 year history? Then get ready for an all-new whisky experience spanning eight floors designed to delight whisky fans and first-timers alike.
As well as exploring a multi-sensory world of flavour, visitors will be able to catch live performances, shop for rare and limited edition bottles and soak up the breath-taking castle views while sipping a delicious Johnnie Walker highball in its two rooftop bars.
Johnnie Walker Scotch Whisky is sold in 180 countries and is particularly popular with Indians. Well, there was a rogue Bollywood film star called Johnnie Walker after all. It is expected that tickets for this whisky experience in the heart of Edinburgh’s Princes Street are set to sell out fast as people look forward to travel experiences in 2021 and beyond after the experience of lockdown in 2020 from Covid-19.
Pre-registering on their newly launched website will ensure priority when the venture, complete with rooftop bars overlooking Edinburgh Castle, opens its doors in the summer of 2021.
What to expect?
• A multi-sensory, immersive visitor experience across three floors, guiding people through the 200 year history and taking them on a journey through the flavours of Scotland.
• Flexible events space for staging music, theatre, arts and community events, making the venue part of the thriving cultural life of the city.
• A training academy that will be a home for Diageo’s award-winning Learning for Life programme, which creates training and employment opportunities in the hospitality industry for unemployed people, and works to improve hospitality standards and promotes the responsible serving and consumption of alcohol.
• Roof-top bars with stunning views of Edinburgh Castle and across the city skyline to east, west and north.
• At street level the plans include a significant retail space continuing the legacy of high street retail presence at this historic shopping location.
The walk through the history of blended whiskies is part of the extended Johnnie Walker 200th anniversary celebrations that last month saw the announcement of four exclusive new limited edition whiskies, all of which will be sold in the venue when it opens.
The whiskies have been inspired by flavours found in the Walker family’s grocery store in the 1860s.
“By visiting the new website and signing up, future guests can share in the excitement and anticipation we feel as we build towards opening our doors to visitors next year. This is a completely new whisky experience that truly has something for everyone,” said managing director of Johnnie Walker Princes Street Barbara Smith.
Johnnie Walker Princes Street is the focal point of Diageo’s £185M investment in Scotch whisky tourism. Diageo investment in 12 distillery visitor attractions across Scotland totals £150million with a further £35million invested in reopening the iconic lost distilleries of Port Ellen and Brora.
Johnnie Walker range of award-winning whiskies includes Johnnie Walker Red Label, Black Label, Double Black, Green Label, Gold Label Reserve, Aged 18 Years and Blue Label.
The company has also announced the launch of a new paper-based bottle for Jonnie Walker due to be released in 2021.
For further information on Johnnie Walker Princes Street and to register for updates visit