1. To make the carrot puree, simmer the diced carrots in salted water with the saffron.
2. Once the carrots are very tender – 12 to 14 minutes, place into a food processor with the mascarpone, olive oil, pinch of sugar and blend until very smooth.
3. Season to taste and set the puree aside until required.
4. Toss the mixed leaves and herbs together with the lemon juice and 1tpsp of the sesame oil. Place equal amounts of the dressed leaves in the centres of the 4 serving plates and your carrot puree around the mixed leaves.
5. Heat a large non-stick pan with the rest of the sesame seed oil until very hot. Put the scallops in the pan and fry them for 30 seconds on each side. Add the cherry tomatoes, tbsp butter and fry for a further 30 seconds, season with salt and pepper.
6. Arrange the scallops around the mixed leaves and place the cherry tomatoes on top of the carrot puree. Drizzle some of the butter from the pan round and over the scallops. Garnish with some toasted sesame seeds.