17 Nights – 23 Chefs –16 Michelin Stars
SOME of the world’s most outstanding chefs – with 16 Michelin stars between them – will travel from across the world to be part of the annual Obsession 17 gastronomic event held at Lancashire-based hotel, Northcote.
The chefs will cook their unique Obsession Menus during the 17 night event from Friday 20 January to Sunday 5 Feb 2017.
Obsession, now in its 17th year was launched by Northcote’s chef patron Nigel Haworth as a ‘celebration of great food, wine and a meeting of friends, old and new.’
Haworth looks for chefs who are obsessed with working with the very best ingredients and challenging themselves to be as creative as they can be in the kitchen.
“This year we have an eclectic mix of chefs that I’m really excited about, covering all spheres of cooking from all over the world and with a new focus on the Americas,” said Haworth.
“It’s important to have this variety as many guests come to a number of nights during the event, so I want to make sure there are plenty of appealing options.”
In addition to the Louis Roederer Brut Premier champagne reception, guests also have the option of adding a wine flight to their gastronomic experience.
The wine team will select wines to pair with each course and take diners on a special wine journey, tasting unusual and interesting wines carefully selected from the world’s best wine regions.
This month, head sommelier Tamas Czinki and assistant head sommelier Marek Przyborek took part in the Châteaux & Domaines Castel European Young Sommeliers Cup, competing against sommeliers from 17 countries at a two-day event in London. Tamas was a finalist.
Following dinner, guests can enjoy the vibrant cocktail bar and it’s specially created Obsession cocktails, which draw on each of the chef’s cuisine for inspiration.
The independent 26 bedroomed country house hotel – awarded Hotel of the Year: England at the AA Hospitality Awards in September is located in the Ribble Valley, Lancashire and its award winning restaurant has held a Michelin star for 20 consecutive years.
Tickets for Obsession 17 cost from £130 per person including Louis Roederer champagne and canapé reception, five course menu, and coffee and petit fours.
The specially paired wine flight can be added starting from £60 per person. For more information visit www.northcote.com/obsession17
The dedicated booking line opens at 8am on 1st November 0333 999 7762. VIP hospitality packages are available to book now for six or more people in the Louis Roederer Room or at the Chef’s Table, from £2,325 + VAT.
The official charity for Obsession 17 is Hospitality Action.
Obsession 17 includes the following chefs:
- Friday 20th January – Michael Wignall (2 stars) – Gidleigh Park, Dartmoor, UK
- Saturday 21st January – Gareth Ward (1 star) – Ynyshir Hall, Wales
- Sunday 22nd January – John Williams (1 star) – The Ritz, London, UK
- Monday 23rd January – Gennaro Esposito (2 stars) – La Torre Del Saracino, Vico Equense, Italy
- Tuesday 24th January – Ladies Night – Lisa Goodwin-Allen – Northcote, Lancashire, UK; Chantelle Nicholson, Tredwells, London, UK; Claire Clarke; Anna Hansen, The Modern Pantry, London, UK
- Wednesday 25th January – Michael O’Hare (1 star) – The Man Behind the Curtain, Leeds, UK
- Thursday 26th January – Pasi Petanen – Sydney, and Daniel Puskas – Sixpenny, Sydney, Australia
- Friday 27th January – Hans Neuner (2 stars) – Ocean, Vila Vita Parc, Algarve, Portugal
- Saturday 28th January – Chinese New Year – Year of the Rooster – Zhao Guang You, JE Mansions, Beijing, China and Lu Yao – Yihe Mansions, Nanjing, China
- Sunday 29th January – Ana Ros – Hisa Franko, Slovenia
- Monday 30th January – Justin Cogley – Aubergine at L’Auberge, Carmel, USA
- Tuesday 31st January – James Close (2 stars) – Raby Hunt, Darlington, UKWednesday 1st February – The California Boys – Justin Cogley, Aubergine at L’Auberge, Carmel, USA; Ben Spungen; Tony Baker
- Thursday 2nd February – Isaac McHale (1 star) – The Clove Club, London, UK
- Friday 3rd February – Takagi Kazuo (2 stars) – Zeniya, Ashiya, Japan
- Saturday 4th February – Atul Kochhar (1 star) – Benares, London, UK
- Sunday 5th February – Nigel Haworth (1 star) – Northcote, Lancashire, UK